View Single Post
Old 2011-09-11, 17:49   Link #35
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I couldn't believe she actually started to run away when Kou approached her on the bridge. Seriously - after all that? I wanted to whack-a-mole her right then.
Yeah, I rolled my eyes at that too.

But here's what I think is true of Ohana - She much prefers to lead than to follow. She's really a "take charge" sort of person. So being romantically confessed to makes her uncomfortable, because then she's put in the position of the person merely responding to somebody else's initiatives. She's following their romantic lead. This is why I think Ohana was peeved that Kou was basically confessing to her anew when she wanted to confess to him. She wants to take the lead in their relationship. She wants to be the one to take the initiative.

So the challenge for her is to do exactly that at the Bonbori Festival, and the challenge for Kou is to be patient enough to let her take the lead going forward.

Kou's patience is... utterly beyond reproach ... so I don't doubt he'll hold up his end of the bargain. The ball is in Ohana's court now.

Quote:

Okada is a trollmaster extraordinaire. But if Ohana and Kou don't end up together, the whole series will effectively have been a troll. I'll be pissed, but I think even I would have to laugh...
Agreed. If Ohana and Kou don't end up happening, I'll view the romance side of this anime as a dark comedy.