View Single Post
Old 2009-09-04, 20:47   Link #115
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
lol, that's a very nice one. I still think TNG has the best similarity since it does basically start off as "The Melancholy of Q" with the poor crew as his playthings, but that's a bit too disturbing to run the analogy especially since Q actually said if he had known Picard better, he would have appeared as a female.
LOL... that never occurred to me. The reason why I didn't do TNG is that...

1) Picard and Kyon are the two most famous facepalmers through out the entire internet. With a comparison like this one, they'd have to be one and the same.

2) I couldn't make Haruhi as someone working under Kyon Picard.

Never occurred to me to make Haruhi somebody outside the crew like Q.

... There's this one episode of Trek where Q gets his powers taken away, and he shows up on the Bridge of the Enterprise, naked (sent there by the Q Continuim). Picard looks at him in a stunned face, but can't take his eyes off of Q. Q makes this sly smile towards Picard (Q even licks out his tongue a bit, IIRC) and says "Red Alert...!". Now replace Picard with Kyon, and Q with Haruhi for this scene, and...

Haruhi/Kyon is quite a bit like Q/Picard. And after you have Haruhi/Kyon dealt with, the rest of the crew might be doable. I could definitely see Mikuru working as Beverly Crusher or Counselor Troi.

Quote:
But the Voyager comparisons are spot on! I'll add my view on it.
I'm glad you liked them! Your write-ups supporting them further were great!

Anyway, to make this a bit about Nagato... if Nagato was Counselor Troi, and Kyon was Riker, I wonder how that would make Kogetsu feel?