View Single Post
Old 2010-09-15, 15:28   Link #324
Zekori

It makes sense in theory, but it honestly should be 1 character per server. Not globally; but some could argue you don't really need more than one character and adding an extra makes it the same sub cost as wow.

A lot of people I know have higher expectations of FFXIV now, almost enough to either keep interested, even myself. This is coming from someone with very negative criticism towards open beta.

Right now the major thing hurting FFXIV is the lack of communication between EU/NA player bases and the dev team/design team. With horrible interviews when given the chance about the stupidest decisions such as asking stuff about marriage between characters or other inane things when there were more pressing problems at hand. (Seriously Google it)

Squeenix managed to salvage some respect with its waiting playerbase when they admitted that The Vision was flawed, and they're going to have to make adjustments to the game if it wants to be successful.

Realistically speaking FFXIV has the potential to be a good game, it won't be the next best thing at launch but neither were many other major hit MMO's such as Eve or WoW; having Alpha tested WoW's and gone through its beta's to retail it was pretty much on par with FFXI as we see the only major comparison we had though were games like diablo, eq, runescape, and such to compare though.

Also for previous comments, mmo-rpg is a genre, making mmo's is hard with a new formula functionality and business wise. Nearly all mmo-rpg games are in some way a clone of each other, no not dnd clones, but over all play the same because it's the RPG Genre as we know, hack and slack auto attack of diablo and random korean games and so on.

MMO pvp can be competitive, look at Eve Online. MW2 and Halo or such pvp can also be broken at times, remember some weapons were under tuned and over tuned. yatta yatta yatta, don't really feel like going to much into that direction of conversation.

Edit:

FFXIV is stated to be for Casual and hard core players, which I can see in a sense. Guild leve's (in theory) were meant to be meant for the average player that plays 2 hours at a time a day, or has a sporadic schedule to commit to playing high amounts of time (be it school, work, military, or other stuff), while there was meant to alternative means for the hard core player. The general consensus because of Squeenix's stupid concepts and ideas and the way they're handling their betas, that most quests and stuff aren't in the beta. I've known some Japanese players on Palmecia as well that think squeenix is rather bad at handling or dealing with its player base.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote