View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 20:26   Link #177
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
How is that most important? How is it important at all?

Sexy female characters -> Sexist? Why aren't sexualized male characters (Whoever the hell Taylor Lautner played in that Twilight thing, bishounen leads, etc for) considered sexist against guys? Because it isn't sexist.

You have attractive characters, what is wrong with them showing off how attractive they are? Even if you over do it until it's a major distraction from everything else, that's not sexism, it's bad directing.
I never said that sexy female (or male) characters= Sexist. Please don't put words on my mouth. Did you read my overall post at all?

You know, there’s a difference between portraying a character’s beauty and focusing on a certain “private” areas. By “fanservise shot”, I didn’t mean “beauty shot”. Fanservice shot is more “perverted” in nature. An example of these would be a scene during characters’ conversation where they didn’t focus on the female’s face or overall body, but focusing on their breast, thigh, crotch, or belly button instead. I don’t know about you, but I think that kinda shots are belittling the female characters by treating them like a mere sexual object (the same thing also applied to male characters). That’s why I consider the absence of “fanservice shots” important (if not the most important) aspect of a true respectable Action Girl character.