View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 23:29   Link #1237
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
I roughly understand that Mahou shoujo and majokko and mahou shoujo or majokko and Puella Magi means magical girl, but is there a Japanese term or phrase for "non-magic magical girl" or "techno-magical girl"? I have a "real world" heroine in the works who fights crime (a'la Batman) in the guise and persona of a pop magical girl, but I can't find a real or made-up Japanese term to describe her pose.

Thanks for any suggestions!
You mean like a girl who fights but doesn't have magical powers? Just a straight up superhero? I'm kinda missing how she's a magical girl if she doesn't have powers.

In case you don't know, Puella Magi isn't Japanese, it's (supposed to be) Latin. If you knew this before, ignore me. :x

My question:
Can someone translate "Puella Magi Madoka Magica"? I know what it means, but I'd like a brief explanation of how the words work. A literal translation, if you will. So, puella is girl, magi is magician, Madoka is just a name, and magica is magical. Is the title literally Girl Magician Madoka Magical? Switched around to make sense in English, it's Magical Magician Girl Madoka, which still seems really weird. Seems really Didn't Do the Research to me, maybe someone could check me on this? Did the creators really just screw up Latin, or did I?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote