Old 2011-11-30, 11:24   Link #4524
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I've seen spoilers

Signum goes into unison mode with Reinforce to fight Touma

I thought Signum's unison compatibility with Reinforce wasn't very high
I'm confused, exactly what kind of advantage Signum can get from unisoning against someone like Tohma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
It wasn't as good as with Agito, but it was still workable and Rein is made from the same basic material as Signum (Hayate's Linker Core, essentially), so their Unison may be less straining on Signum's recuperating body.
I will run with this theory and guess that Signum isn't completely recovered yet and the unison with Reinforce helps to put herself togheter in order to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
How is this special? Every character is liked by everyone in the main cast. Everyone liked Fate when she joined the good guys, everyone liked Hayate when they met her, everyone liked the forwards when they met them, everyone liked Einhart when they met her and now everyone liked Thoma.

Besides, everyone besides Lily and Isis has known Thoma for years.

Yup, but we see developement with most of the other cast when they're joined the heroes. Everyone loved Fate after a long introduction period aided by Nanoha. The Wolkenritter first clashed weapons with the girls before bonding with them, Hayate bonds with Suzuka first and then meets with Nanoha and Fate but only became best friends AFTER the Book of Darkness incident. The forwards get a somewhat free pass for being kids and the old cast being caring mentors to them(and even then they only bond with Nanoha and Fate at first, their relationship with other memeber of the cast is more military professional until latter chapters). Not all the numbers were instantly liked by the heroes and they go rehab before bonding with most of them(the first being Ginga).

I accept Tsuzuki attempted to give some background-ish flashbacks about Subaru and Tohma bu that didn't cover up for the fact that when he finally meet with the good guys everyone is like "hey, it's Tohma! Remeber Tohma? He's our best friend in the world! let's hug him!", compared with the other more developed relationships this feels kinds like out nowhere. It's not terribly jarring, i still think Tohma is an ok character, but is still a bit unsettling.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-11-30 at 11:37.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote