View Single Post
Old 2013-08-04, 02:08   Link #4670
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
I would say the stuff directly written by Kamachi is what should be thought of as canon (novels, manga) when there are conflicts. He is involved with the animes but I don't think he actually writes the scripts so while anime only stuff like Thelestina is canon, personally, I wouldn't take the anime's word over something the original author wrote.
I only meant that whenever Kamachi refers to events in the anime in order to continue the manga like he referred to Misaka suffering from people watching her and he referred to Terestina later on in the novels, it affirms that those parts of the anime are canon. I only meant that the reduxed version of the arcs that are canon should probably be considered canon, because I am pretty sure that every single thing that happens during those arcs is only allowed with permission by Kamachi... but this may be wrong... Though like with information about how level upper works, I think the diagrams in the anime for example were better. Even the manga points that out in an advertisement for the anime at some point.

Let me clarify: I meant that there is an anime canon and a Railgun manga/SS novel canon that are separate. Depending on which version I like more of a situation, I pick that one to explain what is going on... technically I think that Touma's fight with Mikoto the first time she used iron sand wasn't actually made by Kamachi but instead done by Fuyukawa the railgun manga illustrator who suggested putting that scene in. So even the manga has extra edits to Kamachi's ideas. This is why I'm not sure why the "better" edits of the anime couldn't be canon as well when it's convenient. For example, there were a lot of strange lines Frenda said in the anime which weren't in the manga