View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 22:08   Link #118
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
You didn't get what I meant. In my view, Touka didn't call Yuuta irresponsible at all. That line was more of a declaration of her point of view. It would be irresponsible of her, not Yuuta, not anybody else, but her, to let her sister continue to be like that.
That's an interesting interpretation, but it's hardly intuitive.

Touka made the comment to Yuuta for a reason. She wanted to influence his actions. She wanted him to feel like he was acting irresponsibly... and sure enough, that was the exact impact her words had on him.

I don't begrudge Touka her opinions, but she can be rather forceful and insistent on them, imo. Frankly, I think there's times Rikka would have been better off if Touka had left well enough alone.

Quote:
Other than that, she admitted how Yuuta's approach was better at getting through to Rikka and her bowing her head was not just brought about by desperation but also by a sincere desire to help her sister imho.
Sure. I think the two go hand-in-hand.

Quote:
To me, it's more like an artistic choice. Leaving important details for the viewers to fill in can have interesting effects.
Insofar as the very theme of the work doesn't depend on it.

But this work obviously surrounds the concept of Chuunibyou, and raises questions as to how much of it is too much, and how much of it should be viewed as tolerable (if not perhaps even beneficial).

Touka takes a hard-line stance against chuunibyou, and encourages the (now) more moderate Yuuta to similarly take a hard-line stance against it.

This has become the central conflict of the anime, which ties into what the work as a whole revolves around. The resolution of that conflict isn't something that should be left largely or entirely to viewer interpretation, imo.

To me, that's a copout. It honestly feels a bit cheap, like the writer has created a tricky philosophical quandary that is so tricky that he himself doesn't want to take a stand on it.

So if we never learn what Yuuta said to Rikka, I will personally find that disappointing.