View Single Post
Old 2011-11-25, 03:03   Link #78
YF19EX

Long time lurker. I have been enjoying much of AS's writers and fan fiction over the past few months. The versatility of the writing and entertainment with the balance you guys bring to the characters has been something I enjoy out of this group. On that end, although I am not a writer, there was one thing I would like to see a crossover.

The Macross Universe

Several premises (none original but with potential)

An SDF class ship gets lost in a freak trans dimensional accident and winds up in the Nanoha universe. The goal of the crew is to find their away home. (Think Voyager style journey in another dimension) Naturally they are going to run into the TSAB at some point. How that would work into either conflict or an alliance would be up the writer. I would like to see them more cooperate in trying to get them home in someway. That would then require a common enemy...

Or on a long range Lost Logia expedition the TSAB find said Macross Class ship abandoned on an non administered world. The mages on expedition lose their original ship to an unknown enemy and the expedition crew will have to activate the SDF and use her to get home while learning about the ship, its secrets, its origin etc. Long range communications are down and the fold drive is inoperable or incapable or long range folds. It could be months or years to get into communications range...

I would probably be working from the Macross Frontier timeline but using an older SDF Macross Class ship (as Kawamori has decided that the Macross was not the only ship of her class after all). But she would have all the modern armaments probably up till the VF19 or even the roll out of the VF25 as new complement of fighters.

The Macross side would probably require a slew of original characters unless one wants to incorporate some of the Macross universe. I know this group has enough versatility to probably write out a good group of OC's that could interact with the Nanoha group.

If working with the Nanoha only story if finding an abandoned Macross Fortress, you can using OC's or original characters while playing up their interactions with the equipment from the Macross world.

Anyhow, its just something floating in my head. Where Nanoha would be more compatible in terms of one one one character interactions in similar universes such as Negima, Fate Stay etc, this one would probably prove a bit harder. I am sure my premise alone has plenty of holes in it that would require some explanation or proper plot device to sound reasonable to a writer. But if anyone would anyone like to run with it, it could be interesting...
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote