View Single Post
Old 2011-03-28, 17:42   Link #195
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Wow all this Ichika hate is annoying.

First thing is that Silver Gospel can do wide area attacks (you see how it used that attack so many times during the 1st episode?) so when it did after it broke free from Houki, Ichika had to get between there to block of the attacks that were coming that way so he had no choice at that moment but to stay at that location after he stupidly got distracted by the boat.
Except he broke off the attack before Houki let go. In one stupid move, he:
- let Gospel escape.
- made the boat a target.

Quote:
The thing with him and Houki is that Houki have always been violent to vent her frustrations. Not only that, her "They're criminals so let them die" was just not a good way to think about it which is why Ichika yelled at her.
True, but neither is "I'll lose the fight to protect them". It's like those cops who drop their weapons the instant an hostage taker asks for them. It just makes the situation worse.

Quote:
If it wasn't true then Houki would have not acted that way but it was and it was also shown in one of the episode with Laura where Houki was thining about that as well. Furthermore the LN does a better job at explaining what happened with Ichika:

Spoiler:
I wouldn't know. I haven't read the novel, so I'm judging on what happened in the anime. Which really doesn't look good for Ichika.

Quote:
About Houki, she also had issues which is what this episode was all about. If she had no issues, there would be no point in Chifuyu telling Ichika to watch out for Houki and even all the other girls were worrying about it. Ichika pretty much was trying to bring her back to her true self and he was correct and Houki knows that herself which is why she acted that way. Cmon, it's Houki we're talking about. She's not the type to let a statement that's not true get to her like that.
Maybe she has issues (aside from loving Ichika...). But the bottomline is that in spite or her issues, she did the right thing, and Ichika didn't. So why does he get the moral high horse?

Quote:
All in all, the scene was horribly done by the animators while the writings itself were fine. Freaking they're doing a great job of hurting Ichika's reputation when in fact it's not like that in the source material. That's why adaptation can be so annoying sometimes. In other words, the animators screwed up.

Also Ichika's not weak. He just happens to fight against really tough enemies. It's not like those guys are just going to let him hit them.
Ichika's dumb. He plays to his suit's weakness by treating it like a tank instead of a (very short ranged) glass canon.