View Single Post
Old 2013-04-17, 15:48   Link #36
marvelB

Huh, I wasn't expecting such a short chapter. Cool to see some more crazy character designs, though (I especially like how we even have animals as participants! ). Really interested in seeing who will come out on top in block D since both Rebecca and Cavendish will compete in that block....

Anyway, something occurred to me as far as Bartolomeo is concerned..... I think it's possible that he may be one of the next pirates to ally with Luffy. Now while it's true that he has a terrible reputation (scaring the audience with a fake bomb sure didn't help any, heh ), that could be exactly the reason why Luffy would befriend him. After all, he is the type of person to become with all sorts of weirdos and outcasts, is he not?

Or to put it in another way: If there's anyone here who's caught up with the current Toriko chapters, I can sorta see Bartolomeo basically being like the tengu chef from the current storyline (who's also crazy strong and world-infamous, yet quickly became friends with the wimpy chef protagonist due to sharing similar ideals).