View Single Post
Old 2008-02-15, 10:08   Link #106
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

This is true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its like the difference between the first 12 episode Kanon and the recent 24 episode version. The 12 episode version left out so much of the character interplay that whatever its merits - it was left as a "teaser" to the story rather than a full reading.
I'm not sure this is a valid comparison in context with Spice and Wolf. While they are both essentially romances, Kanon had five girls to work with, where as Lawrence is clearly a one woman man. Granted, Chloe played a similar role initially, but they have effectively eliminated her as a romantic interest for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I guess "slow" is a matter of opinion though as is the opinion on whether mercantile conflict and intrigue is "dull and boring". I think the latter is kind of refreshing.
This is true, in essence it is personal opinion that rules preference, hence the inclusion of the word "comparatively". I realize there are those that find the economic discussions mentally stimulating. I simply believe that too much of this will keep the series from reaching it's true potential with viewers.