View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 20:02   Link #565
Naraku

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Naraku, as long as you do acknowledge that that's only your expectation that was frustrated, not everyone else's, I have no problem with your posts
Well first off I am glad that you have no issues with my posts, I'm not here to start a war or upset anyone. I'm just trying to engage in friendly conversation, as long as it remains as such than I will gladly state my opinion.

Honestly I'm not frustrated with the ending I liked it, it was just predictable. Toradora ranks at the top of my love / comedy anime list and the ending even if predictable only helped cement it place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
NarakuAnd some people's first loves last, actually. I, for example, only fell in love with my wife - of course, I had been in other relationships prior, but love is something I only felt for her, hence, she was my first one.
Some people do live happily ever after with their first loves, I honestly wish at times that it had ended that way for me, but that's a different story for a different time.

There is just a chance that things will not always go as planned. I think that Taiga's and Ryuuji's relationship could have gone either way after the ending. It has all the right elements to last until death, but life circumstances can ruin the strongest of bonds (even if you they had over come such things before).

I guess it's fair to say that they will get married, have kids, and have a close tight knit bunch with their parents now included. If your the viewer that is more pessimistic than the ending gives you enough room to assume the worse as well.

Honestly being a man who has had his dreams for true ever lasting love shattered, I will am more inclined to hope that Taiga and Ryuuji stay together forever, because it's painful to believe otherwise.

Specially after we had become so close with their characters.