View Single Post
Old 2009-09-10, 18:05   Link #22
Zek
Eyebrows...

Man, I guess couples really did take it slow back in those days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Why are you defensive now, Horo asks. The answer is obvious at this point: Lawrence, after seeing what has happened in the previous debacle with Amati, knows that there are things you cann afford to gamble and thinks you will try to protect at all costs. However as Horo continues to say, there's obviously still that gap of trust between them. Horo was willing enough to risk herself for him during the worst of times but he still can't trust her enough. During the Amati problem he was so gung-ho that he didn't trust Horo enough. Now he's so cautious to take the fur trade deal to again trust Horo enough. At least with Horo's words at the end of that discussion he gathered enough balls to go along with the plan.
I don't think so, Lawrence got defensive because he recognized the risk of losing Horo and he knew that was much more serious than a simple financial investment. It's weird that Horo didn't seem to realize that. Sure he might have been worried that Horo would be offended at the idea of doing this but that's a natural concern for anybody, it would be worse if he just assumed she would be okay with it given that they're talking about selling her if things go south.

Quote:
"I'll take care of you when you breathe your last."

So... uh... am I the only one who thought there was a bad omen about what she said that moment?
I think she's once again revealing her anxiety over the fact that she'll keep living while Lawrence grows old and dies. As usual he didn't catch on though.