View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 21:59   Link #77
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
I...this. I was just about to mention the fact that 'you let rin die' vs. 'you killed rin' vs. any other variation of that detail could just have been a translator thing, or something else.
actually obito can't have said something like 'you killed rin'. reason being that the last panel of this chapter was a shocker and intended to be so. it wouldn't have been a surprise if obito would have let the cat out of the bag in ch600. based on this reason, i think the translation is probably accurate which means that either ch600 was misleading and nonsensical on purpose or that what we are seeing in this last panel on 604 is not reality in some way

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
Madara is so confident in his image of the world, I think he would feel that he doesn't NEED to fake this to convince somebody.
it's more like manipulation than convincing. assuming madara set all this up, which i think he did, then his end goal is for obito to reach the same conclusion of moon's eye plan on his own. that's what master manipulators do. they make you think that their idea is actually your own idea (like inception). so by destroying obito's psyche by killing his crush at the hands of his best friend, it will then be easy to plant the seeds in his head and watch them grow just the way madara wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
discussing if the author is idiot or not is pointless. Maybe you're wasting your time defending the author against such trolling, but i don't want to ruin your fun
haha thanks I do find it quite fun, which is why i do it. even though i'll point out inconsistencies or errors, i'll still defend kishi all day long. every great writer makes mistakes. that's what editors and follow-up editions are for. kishi doesn't seem to have the best editor and he's also on much shorter notice than most writers (aside from like tv writers, but then factor in everything else he does as well and his schedule is just nuts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata Sora View Post
Though this may seem a little off topic, they should have resurrected Jiraiya.
Naruto v Jiraiya would've been an awesome battle.
i agree, but i thought it should have happened back when pain needed to replace his summoning path. jiraiya seemed like the obvious choice, but kishi ignored the option for some reason and then ignored him in this ET arc as well. my guess is that he just didn't want to bring jiraiya in particular back from the dead for some kind of character arc purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Jiraiya isn't even close to being a threat to Naruto anymore.
same could be said about asuma. jiraiya would be one of the resolve-breaking ETs designed for naruto. but jiraiya would also be able to take out some fairly big targets as well. naruto is one of the few good guys who could beat him
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote