View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 11:38   Link #56
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Double checking, I missed an obvious one... To Heart 2 OVA (eroge). But I missed a ton of VN adapted anime? Unless you provide evidence (aka. name the actual VN adaptations that aired in '07), I'm more inclined to believe that I missed very few, if at all. As such, I don't know why people get the impression that VN adapted anime are more in numbers in comparison to the mecha genre. It might just be more pronounced as people tend to talk about such anime more than your average mecha show, but saying otherwise even despite the facts that it's almost 4:3 would be just one having their bias colour their judgement. (or 2:1 when comparing mecha to eroge adaptations)

And the tetsujin-28 I listed is not the series, as that was made in 2004. The one that I was referring to was the 2007 movie, and I listed it as mecha not because I have seen the actual thing, but because animenfo has listed it as mecha. And knowing of the really old tetsujin being mecha (forgot it's English name though), I don't think animenfo is wrong lol.
I definitely exaggerated when I said there was only 1 mecha series for 6/7 eroge adaptations (I was sleepy, OK), but I still stand by my overall opinion that harem shows are way more overexploited recently than mecha. I guess I just have to paraphrase my opinion to make it more clear:

1) When I said harem/visual novel I meant any harem series even though I know some of them are not based on eroge adaptations. It's just that most of them are, which is why I grouped them together (I apologize )

2) I meant only TV series, not movies/OVA. If you take away the movies/OVA from the mecha list, you'll see the tide turn around.

Taking that into account:

Winter 2008:

Rosario to Vampire (based on a manga but still harem)
H2O ~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~
true tears
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de

4 harem vs. 0 mecha

Fall 2007:

harem/visual novel:
D.C.II ~Da Capo II~
Myself;Yourself
Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
CLANNAD
ef - a tale of memories
Kimikiss pure rouge
Rental Magica (yeah, it's a harem show)
Prism Ark

mecha shows:
Dragonaut -The Resonance- (not really mecha, but I'll include it)
Gundam 00

8 harem vs. 2 mecha

Summer 2007:

harem/visual novel:
Nanatsuiro Drops
Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
School Days
Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ (harem based on light novels)

mecha:
Sky Girls

4 harem vs. 1 mecha

Spring 2007

harem/visual novel:
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Nagasarete Airantou
sola
Touka Gettan

mecha:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Heroic Age
Idolmaster XENOGLOSSIA
Kiss Dum -ENGAGE planet-
Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula
Kotetsushin Jeeg
Bokurano

4 harem vs. 7 mecha

Note: I thought the Spring 2007 season was a great season (not just because of the statistic, put overall it had many more action-oriented and more serious shows).

Winter 2007:

harem/visual novel:
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES

mecha:
GR -GIANT ROBO-
Juusou Kikou Dancouga Nova
Reideen

1 harem vs. 3 mecha

OK, you get the idea. I don't feel like digging up 2006 and before, but you have to admit that at least in 2007 and especially in the last couple of seasons (fall and winter 2007) the odds are astronomical against the mecha series.

21 harem/eroge vs. 13 mecha TV series it's almost 2:1