View Single Post
Old 2009-12-10, 22:11   Link #4035
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You mean it is clear that it's a name or an alias or a nickname. Nothing suggests that it is a "tittle", apart from Battler's crazy theories.
Anyway even in the closed circle of Rokkenjima the idea that no one can claim what is in fact a false name seems definitely odd to me. I'd expect something more like "there is only one person that ever claimed the name Kanon in all the games".
Yeah I'm a nitpicker but in the context of this game and all that it implies absolutely precise red truths are required to avoid misunderstandings.

I think it's the same problem with "this door can only be opened with a master key" which should rather be worded as "no one in this island can open this door without a master key"
Let's look at it this way: Red text like this only refers to the inside of the cat box. In other words, what happens on Rokkenjima during the game time. In that sense, it really is impossible for another Kanon to exist, and if no other person takes the name Kanon in a particular game, it is...obviously...impossible to go back in time and make them do so. Think of the game board as a separate world and the contradictions disappear.

If something is impossible based on the rules of the game, the red text has no problem saying it's impossible. At least that's my theory.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote