View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 03:42   Link #806
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
You know with your post here, you just made me realize what exactly they were going for in this scene.

However, while that makes a bit of more sense in retrospect, I think it reflects very poorly on the execution and the setup that I failed to notice that.
Initially I thought she was just morbidly curious about what he was writing and why, and I still think that probably played a role. The Stockholm syndrome (or just plain sympathy for the bastard, either works) bit came when I thought about it a bit more. I think her upbringing also gives her a bit of a "go with the flow" nature that played a role here... she only seems to get angry if she stews over things.

Not the first time my opinion of this show has changed after digesting things a bit, as I found episode one had too much to take in for just one viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
He did already beg for forgiveness at the end of ep before the meal. I don't think they need to show for begging.
I'm not saying they should have shown him begging this episode. I'm saying they should have waited a few episodes to reintroduce him and then had the staff be at least a bit apprehensive or reluctant about it.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote