View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 04:39   Link #810
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Low level soap opera? Give me a minute.
No seriously. I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous of a comment that is.

I can understand not having a penchant for those types of stories, but to call the level of writing low level I find to be quite absurd.

What would you name then in anime that has the ability to show case drama well at all then? Name 1 anime that you felt was that superior to it. Unless you think anime can't capture drama well at all. That's fine. But then you're happy when they execute a bunch of boring out of place fan service, break the mood of the series, and incorporate elements that pretty much destroy the dramatic side of this story?

In which case, that would just make it like every other shit stick of an anime out there. Honestly, why the hell would you want that?
Calm down dude, calm down. I really have nothing to reply. But I will say something good; what I liked was its refreshing transition of mood. You didn't like it. That's where opinion matters.

You obviously don't like my word of 'low level', but I clearly meant it. Hana-saku certainly has soup-opera vibe, and definitely not really good one among them, at least for me. Only difference is that this one is animation, and real soup operas are normally live-action. What I'm seeing is not portrayal of drama, I'm seeing the quality of that drama itself that I don't appreciate. That's where opinion matters.

You think fanservice is boring. I liked them due to its pleasant shock that trolls everyone who wanted millions of grandma slap-shot. That's where opinion matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Also, weren't you the person that praised AnoHana as being vastly superior to HanaIro. That seemed even more soap-operaish yet now you have double standards for this anime. Makes no sense.
Well, it makes sense, since it's my opinion. Ano Hana shows much clear premise than HanaIro, that's already plus point. HanaIro, currently, doesn't have a clear theme or direction to focus on. Of course, one of the reason is due to the fact it is 2-cour, but currently, story itself have nothing that is genuinely interesting due to that.

Also, superior direction allows Ano Hana to be superior.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-18 at 04:49. Reason: unnecessary remark removed (last sentence)
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote