View Single Post
Old 2009-02-19, 02:36   Link #56
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
Episode 4 kind of threw me for a loop. The right hand man of the SCP got dominated by some bug replicant but Felli was able to kill it? What's the point of having a military arts division when it's (assumedly) higher ranking members can't even manage bugs which they are familiar with and aware of? I could understand if maybe it was some kind of unexpected occurance but they knew it was there and he was sent alone purposefully. Why send someone to take care of something when they obviously can't do it?
Quote:
That's correct Soul Assassin. If I recall correctly they were trying to synthesize bugs to counteract the filth monsters but couldn't control them so they closed the place down. I assume the SCP knew there was still something in there which is why he sent his military arts croney in there to make sure nothing bad would happen. If you MADE the thing you should be well aware of it's capabilities. It makes no sense to send ineffective combat units to patrol hostile areas. It also makes no sense that Felli would be assigned to one of the worst squads yet be more capable than people who lead the division she's assigned to. I find it hard to believe Zuellni could have survived to this point when every single encounter a MA unit has with a filth monster results in complete failure.
You forgot 3 important points here
- SCP didn't made that thing..that project was started 30 years before the present time.
- Monster don't straight become an adult after they're born.We're talking about 30 years period here.
- Also its original purpose was to counter filth monsters outside Regios.

The monster that they saw inside the building i believed was an adult/mature form,most likely different from its form 30 years ago.After such a long period of time,the monster grew up to its adult form,so did its strength and power.What SCP and Vance expected was probably a leftover from that laboratory,probably a monster larvae or some kind of life form that they could handle,but they never expected it to be a monster in adult form.

And since its original purpose was to counter filth monsters,its strength should at least be near or in par with the filth monsters outside Regios.We all knew how strong filth monsters are as shown in episode 5,and it was kinda pointless to name it a guardian monster if its strength couldn't even match the strength of a filth monster.Even for Vance,he wouldn't stand a chance against a failed guardian monster with a strength like a filth monster,even if its was originally created in Zuellni.

Now why Felli could defeat it and Vance couldn't?My theory about it is because,probably the monster didn't eat anything for like 30 years..which reduced its strength by alot,but still enough to send Vance fly.However with such weak body,there's no way a monster could stand a huge rock hitting them from above?Being slashed by a sword,and being hit by a large rock/boulder are 2 different things...and obviously falling rock does more damage than a slashing sword...i guess?

Well that's just what i thought about it anyway.

Quote:
While I do enjoy Felli's character... I get the feeling that half the people in this topic expect her to be shooting laser beams out of her eyes by the end of the series.
No i don't expect her to beam a laser.I just expect her to do something moe...or at least an onsen/beach episode...or a romantic date with Fon fon at least