View Single Post
Old 2011-03-23, 23:06   Link #2003
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think you're arguing just to argue. You have one opinion, I have a completely different opinion. There is no viewpoint for you to correct me to, no eye opening revelations your words will awaken me with. Just a bunch of deflective strawman comments that can be summed up as "well, I think differently".
Oh, but if I succeed, then you will consider these other possibilities as equally likely. Kind of reminds me of a former poster here... arguing merely because I have nothing better to do. We can stop at any time, all you have to do is ask me to stop.

The problem lies in the fact that we both have very little evidence to support our conclusions, and even the evidence used is questionable. Essentially, we are putting on blindfolds and tossing ideas at the wall, unaware of whether they stick. If I can convince you that you too are wearing this blindfold, then the point of my argument will have been fulfilled.

I don't think I am lowering your conclusion (turning it into a straw man) to the level where I can take it apart easily. In fact, I accept that your possibility exists. It is just that there so many other possibilities, and they all have reasonable justifications.

Quote:
Yes, the whole thing could be one giant hoax meant to generate hype....as if the show needs it. Or it could be that they decided to change the entire ending, although I personally doubt that one. But you're right, it could be anything. I simply picked one possible conclusion from what I've seen posted on various sites and what I know about television scheduling and contracts.
Why is changing the remaining two episodes such an unreasonable possibility? A traumatic event in real life can easily be remembered through equally depressing events in works of fiction. The people at Shaft do not wish for that to happen, so they make sure all future content is removed of any ground rumbling or screen-shaking effects. They may choose to go further and remove graphic images that even slightly resemble injured earthquake victims.

But the more they change the script, the longer it takes to redo the entire episode... and that could explain the long delay.

Quote:
Sure, Gen's known to troll. But I really really doubt he's going to go so far as to piss off his fan base by pulling a Kyubey about an anticipated air date, nor would he lie about the state of the company or the progress of the show after a major disaster. Not only would it look bad for the company, he'd be risking his job and possibly his career.
I never watched Bakemonogatari, but I hear that got delayed for quite some time. Did that not look terrible upon Shaft's resume? It may indicate that Shaft is willing to ignore time-based obligations to the viewers.

Just like Kyubey, Urobuchi may not be lying. He may simply be concealing more information than what he reveals to us. If so, Urobuchi has good reasons... it would look just awful to blame the art design staff, even if they are the ones responsible.

He simply says the animation is "rough" and keeps the details to himself. Taking it at face value, the animation could be simply sub-par. Or, it could be just awful to look at; a train wreck of shaded lines and colors. It seems reasonable that Urobuchi would "protect" his staff by putting some of the blame upon them, but not flat out calling them terrible artists.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote