View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 19:31   Link #50
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I don't understand why he killed her though, or even if she's sort of metaphysically alive (given that scene at the end where she's up and about in some ethereal plane). I mean, didn't he need her alive to be the Grail vessel?

I loved that ending scene by the way. It was wonderfully eerie and desolate and deathly cold. Now cometh the Grail, eh?
Kirei told Kariya in the previous episode, when asked if Iri really was the vessel of the Grail: "Her contents are, to be precise." So yeah, he doesn't need her alive, as long as her contents are still there.

And Kirei also killed her because, as he told Gilgamesh afterwards, there was no reason to keep her alive any longer. He had gotten the information he wanted out of her, and even if he didn't killed her, her husband himself would have done the deed when the time came. If you look at it like that, Kirei killing her can even be viewed as a form of mercy. As in, being killed by your bitter enemy would be preferable to being sacrificed by your own husband.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote