View Single Post
Old 2012-09-07, 15:33   Link #655
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think the issue is just basically that it comes across as if Asuna doesn't even get a choice about her own destiny. When I watched the episode with my sister, that was the first thing she pointed out: that the two guys were fighting over her when she should be able fight for herself (that they were turning her into a damsel in distress).
Well, there are a few reasons why she shouldn't duel Heathcliff.

If she was to fight with the leader, then that would mean KoB really made decisions based on a duel between members. What would happen to the discipline after that, regardless of who wins?

Kirito, OTOH, is an outsider. Right now, and even after the fight, it can still be dismissed as a joke and a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
I just can't think a leader, in a game which you either die or survive, would be only " Brains ", what would it matter if he had " tactics " if he couldn't show them himself? Basicly it would be like: " Yeah, I make the tactics, you go in there and face Death. " - Not to mention, Asuna is the one who is making the Floor Bosses tactics, which means Heathcliff doesn't have much to do in here. Sure he must give some advices, but meh...
Even Asuna goes to the Front Lines, and she is the one who's preparing those fights...
We only saw her manage that one meeting. And it wasn't even about a floor boss.

There are all kinds of good reasons why the staffing of boss parties should rotate. It's possible and even likely that the pre-fight management duty also rotates.

[mod edit: removed information that has yet to be revealed in the anime]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-07 at 16:34.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote