Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 17:18   Link #2554
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I sincerely hope that Awai has some extra abilities or the finals are not going to be exciting as I hope to be. I'm really looking forward to Shiraitodai as the final boss... Hmm... perhaps since Awai has the star theme going on for her maybe she needs to have a meteor shower or a cloudless night to show her true power or something which will coincidentally happen at the day of the finals...

If not I'm sure Ritz-sensei can arrange a minor mental breakdown for Saki again. God knows, Saki has a lot of established issues for Ritz-sensei to choose from to do her plot related nerfing. Its not like it would be out of place either, Saki having a BSOD happens at almost every match that at this point I'll be pleasantly surprised at any match wherein Saki will not have any psychological issues. Heck, with the Teru situation in the finals, I am almost expecting it.
I've been holding my tongue in this thread because I understand no mahjong at all and am in this only for character designs and giggles.

I don't think Shiraitodai will be the final boss. I don't particularly want that to happen. In fact I think the way Ritz is developing the series franchise is trying to pit the Side-A/B/C protagonists up against Saki, and Saki is due for a major BSOD upon finding out that her quest to talk with Teru on the playing board has vanished. Her real psychological issue, then, would be what she's even playing mahjong for, and whether she'll start playing even more ruthlessly than Teru as a form of revenge.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote