Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Strike the Blood
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-03, 19:59   Link #1681
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Episode 17: Oh Vatler. I think he's slowly becoming my favorite character in the series. Well, he did allow the Prison Barrier to be activated, but at least he's responsible enough to dispose of the mess he made. But man, that tragic diva was close to being familiar chow in the hands of Vatler—she's probably thankful that the Prison Barrier's system is still working or else she'd be in a whole lot of pain, at least.

And now, he's luring the flies to his nest for his own banquet. That's nice of him.

Episode 18: Yuuma escapes, Asagi officially becomes caught in the mess, and four of the inmates have been disposed of. Seeing Asagi left unfamiliar with everything about Kojou is a bit saddening, considering that she has the powers to control and watch over the Demon District, something that had helped Kojou in more than one occasion. Then suddenly, Yukina gets a front-seat pass to Aya Tokoyogi's plans as she becomes a valuable piece to her plans. Was it Sekkarou, Yukina or both that this witch wants?

Episode 19: Yukina gets a Mirai Kuriyama moment (lol seiyuu joke), and that bastard Kojou gets a threesome with Yuuma and Sayaka. Well, at least he got a new vampiric aspect unlocked after summoning his Fourth Familiar. Meanwhile, Aya reveals that she wants to rewrite the world out of scorn to those who mistreated them (I guess throughout history). I don't buy it, but that Five-Minute Hypothesis seems interesting. Anyway, the fight between Kojou and Aya felt anticlimactic, but I guess she just can't fight a vampire, a nullifier and a greater witch even with her powers.

And in all of this, one person remains, the failed Attack Mage, Meiya Itogami.
By the way, who the heck is the Paper Noise girl talking to Yase earlier?

Episode 20: Finally reached the latest episode. And I don't understand why people question Asagi's actions.

Quote:
It doesn't need an explanation. If it's danger, you don't risk your life over a less than $20 pair of earrings or any dollar amount of jewelry.
First of all, she's the only one who don't know about Kou Amatsuka and his business with the Adelard Monastery. Even the MIMC Archives don't have intel about the alchemist, so she doesn't know the level of danger involved. Take note that Itogami City has been bombarded with all kinds of threats, so it's hard to tell if it's a high-level threat or a simple case of pilferage.
Second, the earrings were given to her by Kojou on her birthday. We all know that birthday gifts given by someone, especially a special person, are considered special, and jewelry or anything worn is considered doubly special. She was simply unfortunate to have crossed paths with Kou as he was doing his thing.
Third, she is special. During the From the Warlord's Domain Arc, her eyes turned blood-red as she was analyzing the code derived from the Nalakuvera. There should also be a reason for her exceptional talent in hacking based on this.

My speculation is that she's also given the Hard Core that Kou had destroyed from that guy earlier. That was the pebble-like stone Asagi was reaching to before passing out, and it was dislodged from her body after the attack.

I wonder if next episode would make Kanon a bit more relevant than just a beyond-human being targeted by Kou as a possible sacrifice.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2014-03-03 at 21:40.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote