Thread: Licensed X-Men (Madhouse)
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 14:07   Link #16
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Animators in Japan who do stuff like always experience the same result though, so I would say they pretty much expect the outcome these days. As long as they managed to get the funding to make what they wanted in the first place, I think they're happy. Look at Yuasa's various TV series, Iso's Denno Coil, and Ando's Sword of the Stranger. All are colossal flops in terms of ratings/box office, dvd/blu-ray sales, and any remote general mainstream penetration. Denno Coil was just a huge flop that Iso pretty much left the industry.

Satoshi Kon is arguably the only anime director who managed to actually find serious recognition and relative success worldwide while doing what he loves in an uncompromising and high quality way. Oh and look where that got him. Struck down by the heavens. It is clear that fate is telling us that anime does not deserve to be a serious medium, and that people should just stop trying to pretend it is. Anime = half naked girls with big boobs scrubbing each other's backs in the bath while foam covers all their sensitive regions.
That's just sad. Another big problem imo is that Animators are dependend of Japan. It's pretty much the only country with an anime culture. I'm pretty sure most of the fans appreciate something more out of an anime. A good story, non G-cup girls etc. I mean, how can an animator experiment with a new anime, if it has to have fanservice. I hate how Japans taste in anime has changed over the years. Have people really become that horny and desperate, that boobs, pantyshots and generic crap are the way to succes. It's just wrong and disgusting. I don't have any problems with anyone enjoying those kinda shows, don't get me wrong. But I hate how big of an influence it has on the anime culture.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote