Thread: Licensed Shining Tears X
View Single Post
Old 2007-03-22, 07:09   Link #10
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I believe that while it may incorporate the story elements of the game, I highly doubt it's going to be a faithful adaption.

Well, it's going to be directed by Hiroshi Watanabe of Slayers, Star Ocean EX, and Orphen fame, so I doubt it's going to be anything that bad. While it would be personally preferable to me if it could go for an Orphen, with a solid mixture of rich character development, interaction and drama, the other 2 wouldn't be that bad either. EX captured the spirit of Star Ocean 2 rather well, even if the 2nd half was continued in drama CDs instead and a fun show akin to Slayers wouldn't be bad either.

Masaki Hiro on the other hand... His track record isn't that impressive. He's been involved in the writings of several decent series like Kukkinikuman II, Gash Bell and Sonic X...all of which weren't that great either, but this looks like the first time he's the one in charge solely. We'll see where it goes.

True, the source material isn't the greatest, but so long they're not pulling a Ragnarok Online, I'd think liberties with execution can only be a better thing. How much better...well, that depends.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote