Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-17, 13:07   Link #18991
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Nice chapter having seen it. To be honest I'm *NOT* a fan of Harem for it's own sake, so I'm pretty happy to see Tsukune beginning to publically asert his true feelings; as most of the readers have known which way this was going to go for some time, and the longer it was drawn out with the girls, the more painful it was going to be.

Even if its painful, having Tsukune's mindset laid bare will hurt the girls right now, but it may help them move on in the longer term; it was going to happen sooner or later; they may as well begin moving on now.

On the main crux of the chapter, I noticed that Tsukune has not only mentioned he has vampire blood from Moka, but also, whilst Touhai revealed he had heard something from Mikogami, it's unclear of how much.
It's also pretty clear that Tsukune wasn't activating his stronger vampiric powers in the slightest; there was no sign of his stronger ghoul/vampire nature at all or his chain stressing; which means that although Touhai currently felt dissapointed and that Akua would be much stronger, he hasn't seen any of Tsukune's potential in the same way Mikogami and the others have. The human reconstruction procedure may well bring that forward, and hopefully give Tsukune a nice boost in the process, even if it is painful!

Was good to see the chapter launching right into it on the last page as well, no mindless faffing about with this training, looks like we're going to go right into the heart of it now. (Which is good as the backstory arc has been a bit slow this year, so it seems like the pace may be upping again)

Funniest frame in the chapter was the one with Karate guy and Kokoa, I did find the whole thing at the beginning with the blood a little tasteless, but Gin's whole reaction and his fresh appraisal of a chair and floor was pretty amusing.

I don't see much Yuri in Mizore's manner to be honest, she was just acting like usual stalker-Mizore trying to catch something interesting.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote