Thread: Licensed Ano Natsu de Matteru
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 00:07   Link #1072
justsomeguy

I watched through Onegai Teacher the past couple of days, and I think I can say I like Ano Natsu a lot more (basically because starting from episode 9, Onegai Teacher had me alternating between raging and eyerolling).

The good:
* A good balance of focus on all of the characters due to small cast, and all characters are likable.
* Friendship and romantic tension among the group is convincing, mostly. Even though the plot proceeded slowly while the characters maneuvered around the relationship landmines, they were always fun to watch instead of painful.
* Sign has a retro I've Sound style to it.
* Vidro Moyou is a fantastic ED.

The bad:
* Typical of a romance protagonist, Kaito is plain and average. I don't see any particular trait that would make him particularly attractive to females, other than his amazing calmness through the whole show, which unfortunately makes him seem a bit too emotionless and a bit too unrelatable.
* The two girls from the beach episodes felt like plot devices in how they suddenly showed up, then left never to be mentioned again though they did get cameos in the last ep.

Score: 9/10. Before watching this show, I had absolutely no idea that the writer of Gundam 00 also wrote romance, since I had never watched any of his other shows before. I think I'm convinced now.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote