View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 09:00   Link #320
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Conceded on this possibility , though I'd think that Arf , drawing from Louise's mana has a high chance of coaxing Louise into controlling her own Willpower/mana even without the Founder's Prayer book. That's presuming that a Familiar is unable to proactively draw mana from it's master , assuming the incapacity of the master in some manner to direct the flow properly in the Nanoha-verse. The problem is , we have not seen Familiars passed down from one Master to another in the Nanoha-verse , with the exception of the Book of Darkness , but that's quite a unique case. However , I think it is very possible , provided all parties are willing for a Familiar's Soul to be bound to another.

Though I still favor the option of having the Void being a highly unusual form of magic , in the same manner that the Eclipse Effect is bizarre by the Nanoha-verse standards , combined with the fact that Louise's ability to efficiently channel mana has been severely compromised. Even if Arf finds the solution within two weeks or a month (or sooner) , the next barrier then could be Louise's inefficient and highly clumsy way of using her magics.

Still , given how intimate the connections between a Familiar and Master in the Nanoha-verse , Arf does have one huge advantage over almost any conceivable mentor. She can sense Louise's magic and possibly even be able to decipher quite alot behind her new mistress's problem , even without the Founder's Prayerbook.

Speaking of which , how does the idea of the Founder Prayer Book being a very powerful inactive Lost Logia , based on similar principles to the Book of Darkness (uncorrupted) , sounds?
Dunno about comparing void magic to eclipse. Seeing how eclipse isn't magic at all, it's only natural that it doesn't follow the same rules as magic.

I do agree that void magic could be seen as a highly unusual form of magic. While things like destruction and dispelling are things we've seen before, void magic does have necromantic spells if I recall, which is something alien to most TSAB magic. The closest thing we've seen were the mirages from SSX, and that was high-grade Ancient Belka tech.

Making the founder prayer book a lost logia similar to the night sky is plausible, though any attempt at balancing goes out the window at that stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
Even with it not being extremely drastic, it basically still violates the mind (aka mind rape), and forces the one wearing the runes to act differently than they would, if only slightly.
And Louise wouldn't want to release the control or connection with either one as a Void familiar, from how her personality is.
I disagree with that. Louise might be absurdly unreasonable with Saito, but she's not heartless. Once she meets Arf's family and finds out the mind tricking part of the runes, she would see reason. A bit reluctantly, perhaps. Out of fear of losing Arf, but Louise would not hold Arf against her will. Despite her act, she's not a slaver, and indeed usually speaks out against slavery every time it comes up.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote