Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 23:53   Link #228
Undertaker

I still can't get over Takamina's audition picture. While she still pretty much looks the same, she just gave out an aura that she's at least in her 20s. Mariko mentioned that in a variety show. She mention she was sitting next to Rina and Takamina and was for sure she would make the cut because Rina looks too fragile and sickly while and Takamina looks much older then her.

As for Rina's career choice, from what I learn from reading posts, it seem that super-long time fans (ones who follows them since 05,06), they all seems to belief that Rina made the decision due to family debt and that it was out of necessity rather than than voluntary. Her family, like Mi-chan's wasn't very good financially, and she was known to have Bronchial Asthma with terrible health along with chronological issues in her lower back which mades her miss her stage more often then her other peers.

Also she was part of that mass graduation in 08, where the members left at time were leaving more or less due to financial reasons. Not only that, her younger sister soon joined her as well and both retired at same time this year all suggest if was more of a financial move.

In addition, unlike other scandals, 48 group didn't mention ANYTHING on the subject, at same time they didn't really separate them self completely from her either. Also all the members, especially the early members didn't say any bad things or throw her under the bus, nor did they question her choice. They all seem to sudden in a understandable way at her decision. Takamina was quoted one time that it was 1 of 2 things that they were forbidden to comment on. (The other figure to be DefStar incident that have since coming to light) All these are pointed to that this event has more to it then a simple career choice.

Heck from what I read on some blog and forums before, some old Rena supporters and conspiracists think that the AKS purposely sold her contract to a shady agency that had ties to Yakuza when they were selling the contracts.

Me, after looks some old footage on her performance and personality and seeing that she was a 1st gen member, I tend to believe that with those super long time fan that it was something that she was forced to do.

Though to tell you the truth, I don't really care. AV actress is a legit career in Japan, and everyone is entitled to make money legally using what they have. Besides there are plenty of AV actress that ends up having positive career in entertainment field and are well known philanthropist. Besides, from what I know, none of her films are of extreme types or weird fetishes and for a marketable AV actress like her, her number ot works is fairly limited and extremely low compare to other top AV who have around a 50-100 films out a year.

Anyway, as ACG fan and supporter of yuri, I still can't get over seeing that scene from Yoru no ChoCho where Tomo was yelling "Onee-chan-ma" then Me-Tan reply with the perfect seduction voice "Good girl....."

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-06 at 00:19.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote