View Single Post
Old 2006-10-21, 03:42   Link #270
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Suzaku's arrest. It's a only an assumption, but perhaps the Britannian authorities arrested him firstly on the basis of him being a countryman of 'Area 11' previously, adding up with the fact that the special forces sent to retrieve the 'chemical weapon' was annihilated while he survived, perhaps they would use him as an excuse for Clovis' death.
I think it's Jeremiah and Viletta's doing - earlier on, they were talking about insecurity increasing for Purists especially with Clovis now dead. I don't know what Jeremiah was talking about when he hijacked the APC (armored personnel carrier) carrying Clovis' coffin but I'm about to bet that he's taken Suzaku as a scapegoat to stir some pro-Purist and anti-Area 11 sentiments within the aristocracy to make up for Clovis' death - and therefore reinforce the Purists' standing in Area 11. At any rate, it does further their plans and kills two birds with one stone.

BTW, in the ep4 preview there's some limousine seen parading through the streets - could it be Clovis' replacement or Jeremiah trying to instate himself as the new governor of Area 11 or what? I doubt such a luxurious vehicle would be used to transport Suzaku.