View Single Post
Old 2007-08-11, 16:54   Link #54
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Having played the several fan-translated chapters of Minagoroshi-hen, for the first time I was able to put myself in the shoes of those who have been comparing the anime and the game ever since it begun. I think DEEN did a very good job, although a bit more time and emphasis on Rika's rebellion against fate would have ben the icing on the cake, IMO. Somehow avoiding being spoiled about the story to this point, I am really curious about Satoko's illness. At first I thought that maybe some conjectures from Season 1 were true and everyone in the village does suffer from a stange illness which in some way leads to the Great Disaster. But if they control the symptoms even in irrecoverable cases like Satoko it seems somewhat pointless to kill everyone. Unless the sign of the illness spirallnig out of control is Rika's murder which would be some weird logic at work indeed.

All in all, it felt like a very good introduction to Minagoroshi-hen, I might be imagining it because I knew it beforehand but it really felt as if this tiem there will be major revelations just around the corner.

P.S. I probably should know that already but how many episodes will the second season have?