View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 10:44   Link #3
pichu
*Fansubber

Here's a mission statement of what's fansubbing that I came up with in one sentence.

"Fansubbing is an amateur business for serious hobbyists, who help promoting the donation of properly translated foreign shows with great motivations through exploiting their own talents and skills for the general public."

[Explanation]

I see fansubbing as a business, decided by amateurs (i.e., unprofessionals). By business, fansubbing has to follow the code of honor and other business tactics used in the professional world. Furthermore, they are being sported as hobbies and are being distributed in free community. I believe that every hobbyists (fansubbers) are serious when they are doing their work as part of the fansubbing in order to achieve for the best. Isn't this a good reason to fansub?

The only problem with that Typesetting thread is that I lack of visuals, because people are more visuals than abstraction; they can't see anything beyond pictures - it seems. Therefore, we will have to include some screenshots and video clips to support our claims why good typesetting (pay attention to: signs) is important as part of the fansub release.

Last edited by pichu; 2008-02-20 at 11:16.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote