View Single Post
Old 2009-07-11, 15:06   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
how's lawrence's financial standings at the start of this series?

iirc he should still be well off from 00 (i remember from the ending of last season they didnt get as much as they'd like but it was a good amount no?)

from what i get from ep1 this season it seems like he's back to square 1 and has to start from scratch again
Remember that the second arc of the first season started with him going horribly into debt. The deal with the gold smuggling allowed him to repay it and then some, but he still took a hit. So, he's not as well off as when the first arc concluded, but, well, he was about ready to open a shop then. So he must still have some money. He didn't look particularly worried about living expenses either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
In regards to your first question, I think Lawrence did in fact get a fairly good-sized remuneration (if I remember correctly). He was offered liquid money, but he declined and, instead, asked for some spice to trade.
He didn't take spices, but credit. Meaning that instead of bits of metal (which are quite hard to get) actually changing hands, his friend just acknowledges he owes Lawrence a certain sum. Lawrence will decide later what he wants to do with that debt: either trade it for wheat (since his business partner is a wheat merchant) or go to another store and negotiate that debt against some other kind of cargo.

Quote:
In this instance, I don't think it's so much that he's back to square one as it is that he's being more cautious, especially after the crucible he just went through, which was caused in part by his greed.

However, this is just my interpretation of the events so far, and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, he did take on "boring merchandise".

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2009-07-12 at 17:17.