View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 17:52   Link #85
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I don't see how they're similar at all, unless you mean the title, but that's because they don't bother going into a law suit with James Cameron.

I'm mighty pissed at the Last Airbender movie because now when I mention it around people who have no idea what the cartoon is they'll tell me how crappy the movie was, then when I say no it's based on the cartoon called Avatar, then they go "oh the movie with the blue people?"....christ almighty...

It's a shame too since I feel like Avatar the title fits with the cartoon a lot more than Cameron's movies...and the story could actually have worked as a great movie if they filmed it all at once like lord of the rings and don't fuck up the casting and get a more competent director. TOO LATE.

Now I just hope 10 or 20 years later when technology improves a lot more, we can have a super HBO series for Avatar like Game of Thrones.
Do u know what the series is "legend of Korra was going to be around. The movie and this new series seem to have a more serious story to it. Similar to what the movie depicted. The original creators even said this in a interview. The movie itself may have not mattered to the original creators but it doesn't change the fact that they did give M. Night some ideas and help when making the movie I am sure although we haven't head it was making the story more serious so it can be viewed differently.
After all I think M. Night was going for a good adaption over a good movie to appeal to us fans, and if u look at it that way the movie was pretty good, but it would be nice if they added in Avatar: The Last Air bender instead.