View Single Post
Old 2009-01-31, 14:58   Link #294
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I seriously doubt the story will be canon in any way. Something similar is knid of going on with the 13th Detective Conan movies. Even though this is written by Oda I think it's just some kind of alternate universe story. Just to be fun and do a different kind of movie. Like the Luffy stories that took place during the Edo period.
These movies are just meant to be fun. Not something to push the official story forward. This movie it 'appears' that Luffy could be a Marine. Sort of a 'what if' Luffy followed his grampa's wishes. It's really hard to tell from the trailer I saw.
The idea of Luffy as a marine is just pure awesome, now you've gone and got me hyped up... dammit.

Quote:
I got what they were going for, but it just seems silly and a waste of a movie.
I rather enjoyed it, it was... different.
I personaly feel they did a better job here than on their Alabasta counterpart earlier.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote