View Single Post
Old 2009-02-01, 10:00   Link #296
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I don't know if that's true. It's just a guess. Far as I know they are only dressed up and pretending to be Marines. Luffy is just dressed up there like he's an admiral.
I just thought that some sort of alternate universe.
That would still be an interesting idea and if Oda doesn't do it I'd like to find a fanfic with that in mind.

Quote:
You know that moment when Luffy stands on top of the castle with the pirate flag. In the original version he's wearing Nami's jacket. I've seen different previews for that movie that shows the same scene, but in one version he's wearing the jacket, but in another he isn't. That's just odd.
That actually happens quite often with movies, they put something in the trailer that ends up on the cutting room floor later.
I know it occured with a recent American movie... but I can't for the life of me think of the name, pretty sure it was one of our receantly popular "superhero" franchise.

At any rate, I think he actually is in the jacket during the speech. I knowhe at least uses it to ground in the flag like he does in the manga, I'll have to get back to you on that.

Quote:
I also feel that using the Gear system on Whapol kind of diminishes the power of it. There is no way Whapol is as strong as Rob Luci.
He doesn't, he ues Gear 2nd once on Wapol's brother, a character Oda made specifically for the AU to match up with the current strength of the Strawhats and to make the situation more dire. If you want to see, I'll give you a link at the end. It's a good fight sequence and you get a little heart in between beat-downs.

Luffy Vs. Mushul

(Hey, no jacket!)

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote