View Single Post
Old 2009-12-25, 06:22   Link #140
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Reimu was never supposed to be on the list, because she placed 6th and not 5th in relegation. But we've decided to get rid of relegation eligibility anyways. Now we'll have to nominate Mikoto, yes.

Fantasy, anyone?

#1 If you want to know my preference, it would be Mihoko / Ui / Shinobu . If you meant I predicting the results with ISML voters it would be

Mihoko 55 - Illyasviel 45 : I believe Mihoko had better numbers in KBM and Saimoe compared to numbers Illysviel had in the past.

Reimu 48 - Ui 52 : Reimu is strong, but K-ON 's continued popularity can't be ignored, and enthusiasm for Reimu seems to be fading. Unless Touhou fans mount well organized campaign, Ui has the edge.

Suiseiseki 71 - Shinobu 29 : Never, ever, under no circumstances count out the doll who ruled 2006. Suiseiseki, along with Shana are the two candidates that has potential to beat any other character in any moe tournaments. Even though the recent events casts doubts about her past victories, she had to have other things in order to compile moe tournament records that is rivaled only by Shana and Hinagiku. If we get more than 5000 voters, I will revise my prediction to even more lopsided victory for Suiseiseki, something like 75 - 25 or even better, worse if you are Shinobu fan.

#2 I'm in despair as I have no idea what I should do about Misaka Mikoto, and, and, Sayuri

#3 : These are the character I expect to make it to prelim if everyone voted by personal preference without thinking about their chances. In approximate order of strength

1. Akiyama Mio
2. Senjougahara Hitagi
3. Misaka Mikoto
4. Kotobuki Tsumugi
5. Sengoku Nadeko
6. Hanegawa Tsubasa
7. Sakurano Kurimu
8. Akaba Chizuru
9. Shiina Mafuyu
10. Achakura Ryoko ( and no, that was not a typo )
11. Miyanaga Saki
12. Alice
13. Echo
14. Hoshina utau
15. Ayanami Rei
16. Winry Rockbell
17. Riza Hawkeye
18. Beatrice
29. Kikyou
20. Arashiyama Sayoko

Yes, certain series dominates the upper half of the list, but it is because those series just has overwhelming recognition value among ISML voters.

#4. K-ON episode 14 leaked via Korean Cable TV broadcast before its scheduled release in DVD next month. I have no idea what will happen to the DVD special in next month, but do know that K-ON will now be eligible for Korean Best Moe Tournament 2010. As for Saimoe, again I have no idea. All we need now is the Rozen Maiden series to make all the next year's moe tournaments be like All-Star game of Moe.

Last edited by wontaek; 2009-12-25 at 17:06.