View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 02:16   Link #18862
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
(Summary at end of post)

For #2, the criteria for Awakening suggests it has something to do with the nature of a esper ability. From Vol15 Ch5 Pt4, Accelerator and Kakine's power respectively can be called:

Quote:
The one who wields the power of God and the one who has touched the territory of God.
So basically, your run of the mill, more common (non-unique) abilities like pyrokinesis or Electromaster can't 'Awaken' into a absolute monster of power.

So, who can/can't awaken? Personally, I think Himegami have more chance of 'Awakening' than Mikoto

tl;dr - people who have some sort of special power/talent might 'Awaken'. Those aren't born talented can't 'Awaken', and no matter how hard they try or effort they put in it's impossible.
You see, that's the thing that bugs me about this topic.

When you read it, you see "These two are special and can/have awakened."

When I read it I see "These two have awakened and are therfore special."

And hell, even if it does mean the former, it still doesn't touch on the idea you need to be one of the 'special' people to awaken. It merely states these two are special.

Look at it in context:

Quote:
Kakine’s six wings, as if responding to his roar, spread explosively. The wings that span several tens of meters emit a mysterious glow, and at the same time have an inorganic feel like a machine. Almost like a giant weapon gods and angels normally use.

Flap. The air around the six wings lets out a howl.

Accelerator and Dark Matter control the organic and inorganic powers respectively.

Different from this world, this is 'organic' and 'inorganic' in terms of a different world. The One Who Wields the Power of God and The One Who Has Touched the Territory of God. Now the odds of victory are even, only that unlike Accelerator, Kakine hasn't lost himself.

An unprecedented power is expanding within him.
Its only after both have spread their special awakened wings that 'organic' and 'inorganic' come into play, which leads to thier Power of God and Territory of God titles.

Is there any other place that awakening is diccussed, because frankly this means jack squat in the whole 'ability to awaken or not' debate.

It merely talks up Kakine and Accelerator's awakened states.