Thread: Licensed Cross Game
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-11, 18:15   Link #933
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumblefish View Post
Reading through the chapters 107 to 160 again, it's amazing how straight and open all supporting characters have been about betting on Kô and Aoba being made for each other (well, except Mizuki). Even Senda played a part in that. Akane understood the uniqueness of their relationship incredibly fast. Azuma is possibly too clairvoyant for his own good. In the end, only Akaishi didn't support that couple by trying to help Kô starting well with Akane (remember the kabuki tickets), which is quite an interesting detail since he is the one who has the most to hope/gain from Kô ending with Aoba.

After Joeboygo's "season of Kôshien" bet, it's my turn to make a bold prediction that I will shove down everyone's throat if proven correct, and conveniently let be forgotten by all if completely missing the mark.

I think we'll get the end of this match, then either one or a few post-match chapters (by which I mean right after the match). I am still convinced the list subplot won't get dropped. We have to see the 20 years old Kô getting married to fulfill the list until the end.

So my bet is that we won't see the kôshien at all. Instead, we'll get a "what happened to hem" time jump for the final chapter, just like the ending of that other famous manga by Adachi. Except the time jump will not be right after Kôshien but two years later. It will be the day of Kô's wedding and although little doubt will persist on the identity of the bride, Adachi will playfully keep her secret as long as possible by showing the outcomes of supportive characters first. We'll get to see Ichiyo, Azuma's brother and their young kid(s). We'll get to see the rest of the team and learn that they won the Kôshien that year. We'll learn that Aoba was on the poster and therefore the dream was completed. We'll see a pre-teen Momiji grow up as a cute mix between Aoba and Wakaba's personalities. We'll get to learn that Akaishi and Akane are together just before the big reveal. And of course the manga will end with Aoba as the bride. Bam! Cross Game Owari.
Somehow, I would love to see this ending, but at the same time, I think such a clear cut ending isn't Adachi's style (everything's just wrapped out too nicely).

Complete side track, WHERE'S THE Q AND A TOPIC (chapter 7's out and I don't see a topic !!!)??!?!