View Single Post
Old 2009-11-26, 02:25   Link #1082
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
what does it matter, the empire doesn't know their faces
I don't think it would be wise for Charlotte to bet all their lives on that. Even assuming that Siegfried will hide his knowledge of their faces and identities to protect himself, the fact that he was able to find out enough to locate them and manipulate them into trying to kidnap Luke and Aria suggests that they weren't keeping that low a profile.

Besides, Charlotte lived in the Imperial capital with her mother until she was eight, and Doris, Margot and Penelope were most likely in the emperor's service before they were assigned to Charlotte and her mother as part of their severance package. Add to that the fact that they were regularly moving around town while staying with Cecily, and I doubt the Empire would have much trouble identifying them if they remained in town, even if they changed their names.

The big question is would the Empire bother? I'd agree that the chances of them being interested are slim. The problem for Charlotte and company, though, is that "slim" is not the same as "none," and the risk would make it difficult for them to settle down and put all their effort into starting new lives. If Charlotte ever ended up in line for a high-profile position, the fact that the Empire regards her as a criminal could be a serious issue.

Defecting to a rival power has a different set of potential problems, but it does have the advantage that Charlotte can go about her business and build a new life openly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
yes, but does luke care about cecily losing aria? no, not really
I don't think it's on the absolute top of his priority list, but after Charlotte let slip that she sent her bodyguards after Aria he immediately interrogated her to find out how many there were, then ordered Lisa to bring the sword materials and went straight off to help Cecily. So I think he does care, even if it's only for Lisa's sake (and I don't think that's entirely the case either; he does come to have respect for Cecily).
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote