Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 06:40   Link #4873
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Oddly enough... I wish for this too. I do not want to travel the world and on every corner see - Walmart, McDonalds, Starbucks. Or see alien religions or cultural motifs occupy more than a small part of a region. I want Japan to remain Japan, Denmark to remain Denmark, India to remain India, so forth and so on. Move into the 21st century sure.... but there should be a give and take when migrating into a new region. If *I* move somewhere else I'd be an ass for demanding it change to suit me.
Totally agree with you. The truth is I don't like the globalization (in fact, I absolytely hate it ) . For me, it's killing the culture of country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17
Let's be honest, the ban isn't about "protecting the culture", it's the result of general public perceiving muslims as evil terrorists (side-effect of certain propaganda campaign). If you were able to hold "Let's bomb muslim countries in the stone age with atomic bombs" referendum, you'd be very surprised of the outcome
will with the same zeal support attack on Iran.
I don't agree. We can't say that, for me it's a simplification to a complex problem which is dangerous. It's more complicated. I think that there are many reasons for this result. It's true that for some people, it's maybe because of the fear of terrorism but I think it's also true that for some of them it's for defending their country etc...What I don't like with the debate around this ban, is that for many people it's an racist or xenophobic act. But for me it's not true.

As I said earlier, I think many people want their country to remain the same, to have its culture intact. You can be agaisnt minaret and whatever you want and not be racist, xenophobic etc...All, these kind of people like me ask, is "Hey, you're in France, so you need to adapt to your culture not the contrary". As a french, I'm very very proud of the culture of my country and I don't like at all when I see that my country is starting to lost its identidy because of stupid such as globalization.

And I'm really scared, that one day, when I will go in a foreign country, I will just see the same thing that I saw in my country. I mean what's the differnce now between the building we build in France and USA ? Nothing. If you want to find huge differnce in building between two state you need to look for building from the past >_> Why ? Because of the globalization.

Btw, because of that, I'm wondering something : Will it be easier to accept minaret and other bulding like that, if the building is made with the same building material than the building material of the country ? (Don't know if I'm clear enough )