View Single Post
Old 2012-11-18, 12:32   Link #50
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's the difference between you and me. I found the above part so horrible I burst out laughing.
What's so horrible about it? It fits the slightly comedic nature of the scene it's featured in.

Quote:
Given that the VN already has drawings, music, and voices; the only added value of the anime is animation.
The added value of the anime is reaching a wider audience. Plenty of anime fans simply don't have the time for the massive time-sinks that are the more prominent VNs. But we do have time for a half-hour episode a week.

Quote:
Would a series like Chuunibyou be this highly praised if it had the same animation quality as Little Busters? Somehow I don't think so.
Probably not, but a lot of that is because Chuunibyou has elaborate action sequences.

Quote:
What really bothers me is that it's glaringly obvious J.C is putting minimal effort into this show when you compare it to their other series of the season (Sakurasou).
I admit that's perplexing. If I was a top guy at Key, I'd be pretty pissed off at how JC Staff is budgeting itself right now. I can't see any good reason why JC Staff would put more effort into Sakurasou than it would into Little Busters!

So here I can understand people being upset.

But it seems like every episode somebody (not necessarily you, of course, just somebody) criticizes the animation quality in this show. I'm honestly getting tired of that, because I just don't think it's that important.

Quote:
What hurts even more is thinking about what this show could have been in the hands of that certain other studio.
That certain other studio had ample opportunity to do Little Busters!, as there's every reason to believe that Key was holding out for them for a long time.

I can't blame Key for not waiting forever...

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-11-18 at 12:42.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote