View Single Post
Old 2008-09-04, 18:51   Link #82
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'm sure many of the people who say "I would scream and deliver him to the police!!! Or grab my .357 and SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE!!! I AM AN HERO, WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!" haven't ever been in such a situation before.

Things happen too fast, too violently and too rashly. Before you've even managed to realize what the hell happened, you'll be acting based on pure instinct. That is, unless you have some real zen-like self-control abilities.

I've been effectively mugged once, and have been subject to a potential robbery at least three times (one time it happened when I was 9). All of those I did the only thing that occurred to me at the moment: Run away like hell. If you've never experienced such a borderline situation your brain is put into, then it's really hard to tell what you're going to do when the moment comes.

Am I a coward? I don't know. And I frankly don't care. At least I'm sitting here, now, writing this. And whatever I lost that one time they managed to mug me (a cellphone and a couple of bucks), believe me, is of no consequence at all. Money comes and goes. Your life doesn't.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote