View Single Post
Old 2009-05-02, 07:01   Link #7
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's very hard to understand this, it's a very vague concept. Saving the country from what?
The first thing that came to mind is that the Outsider wants the seleçao to work for the improvement of Japanese society, so the enemy is "decay", "moral degradation", "corruption", "economic crisis". The idea that "crime" is the problem is laughable considering how Japan is one of the countries with the lower level of criminality in the world.

Anyway as for the problems above, there's really no possible definitive solution. Is Japan really following the path of self-destruction? I personally think this is a naive perspective, although a very common theme in manga and anime. The Outsider seems to believe so and so do the seleçao, consciously or unconsciously. Whatever is the "problem" and whatever is seen as a "solution" it looks like number IX was the most promising between the seleçao. This has been stated in more than one situation.
Since the only relevant thing that has been done by IX was the deportation of 20.000 NEETs i guess the "problem" is the society's decay. However how exactly that's supposed to help i really have no clue.

Quote:
Why does he have to be naked?!'

Unless Akira had just escaped from someone who had stolen his clothes to break him or restrict his movements, the obvious reason would be that he was in some kind of trance of hypnotic state, connected to the mindwipe, or brought on by somebody who wanted him to assassinate Saki or get himself arrested. It's possible he could even have gone a little crazy after the NEETs incident. The mindwipe presumably snapped him out of whatever it was.

My only other theory would be that lacking clothes during the actual process of the mindwipe is vital, so nothing you see carries association of your past history, although seeing something from your past after the mindwipe obviously doesn't do anything. This would give a clue to why the NEETs were all naked, but it's still odd that Akira would choose such a public place to have his memories knocked off.
I don't think Akira was crazy or manipulated. From what can be seen in the apartment he had planned whatever he was planning for a long time and it was very well calculated probably involving a back up plan or two. Also the mindwipe didn't happen before what we see. Akira willingly undressed himself and then proceeded to point the gun at Saki (there's really no doubt about this, unless there's an invisible man near Saki) keeping the phone on his other hand. Untill this point he had a very serious expression on his face, he was very well determined. But then he receives a call, he answers without leaving his eyes from the target, a strange sound starts resonating from the phone, you see Akira's expression change, he seems surprised, he seems afraid. After that his mood completely change. He compleley loses the frowned face and becomes a very carefree and easygoing guy. He has lost any information about himself and the seleçao but he still retain a detailed memory about the movies he has seen.

Your theory doesn't match with the fact he still has a phone and Juiz was instructed to tell him where he lived. What can better remind you your past history, clothes or your apartment, which includes other clothes and photos?

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-02 at 07:16.