View Single Post
Old 2009-12-22, 13:30   Link #2230
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
not exaclty, even the minimum amount of character build up would have helped; it would have been better than virtually nothing... hell, i wouldn't give everyone as much attention as Wendy; she's likely gonna be a major player where as the rest are minor

With Levi, Jet and D'Roy, i would have have given them about as much screen time as Loki had before the stellar king arc... It's like instead of giving us a flashback that tells us Lucy was levi's friend why don't we actually SEE when she became friends... at the very least we should have enough to recognize the characters pinned to the tree... otherwise it's more like "3 generic fairy tail members"

Fried, same amount of screen time i'd give the other 3... instead of giving us a flashback telling us he was relatively liked in fairy tail and that the members made an effort to get close, why don't we actually SEE some of those moments... give him the status of a background character at the very least... really just enough screentime to HINT at the fact the people tried to get close to him and that he is not same hated villain like Luxus

Loki on the otherhand, he i would want to see involved in a whole arc. Frankly, i think it might be good to have found a way to swap out Ezra for him in the Lullaby arc... when it comes down to it, Ezra did not NEED to be there and could have saved her into for the Moon Drip arc... Lullaby could have provided some decent character build up, while also laying down some subtle foreshadowing... maybe even throw him into Phantom Lord arc, instead of having Natsu get in two fights...

All in all, for the minimum amount of build up for the characters that i think i should get it, we are talking about re-writing some arcs (not necessarily making them much longer), and probably adding a couple of chapters worth of filler material... that's for the minimum and it doesn't drag things on THAT much longer (though ideally i might go for more)

but really, i don't think you can really sacrifice character development for Plot development... after all it's the characters that make the plot so dynamic; half ass the characters and you infact hurt the plot aswell... Not to mention one thing that has annoyed me is the very constant Natsu, Happy, Lucy, Gray, Ezra team up... We would be able to get a lot more exposure to other members of fairy tail if Mashima would just change that line up once in a while.
Loki wouldn't fit since he did want to be around steller spirit mages.