View Single Post
Old 2009-07-16, 18:45   Link #255
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You know, maybe they're just old-school, but I bet Kadokawa prefers the days where the people in foreign markets weren't pirating their works left-right-and-center and then claiming to be "customers" without paying a single cent for the content. Where customers of services or entertainment were supposed to vote with THEIR WALLETS if they didn't like what was being served up.

But I guess that, for those who like being on the cutting edge and have the audacity to tell them from half-way around the world that they're doing it all wrong, THIS is truly what they deserve.

I'm being mostly facetious (yes, I know that people in Japan are mad too, and I know that Kadokawa is streaming it with subtitles), but you're not getting "screwed". They don't owe you entertainment. Of course it's fine that your expectations haven't been met and that you're disappointed, but don't make this into some sort of master plan to screw people over. We're in this by choice. If you don't like what they're selling, don't buy it. If and when you do like what they're selling, buy it. If you don't want to wait, watch/buy something else.

The customer isn't always right, but they're always the customer... except, in some cases, when they're not.

(I guess I'm trying to say, "quit acting so butthurt", but I guess that's sort of your point, so... )
You know, this reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Poochy the Dog is introduced, and the Comic Book Guy complains to Bart about the episode's horrible quality. Bart replies something along your lines, but CBG just shrugs it off and says "Worst Episode Ever".

Which was funny exactly because both sides were right and were wrong at the same time. Because although *technically* a company isn't contractually obligated to NOT offer their target public crap, the fact still stands that crap is crap regardless of the surrounding circumstances. And it's still the target public's right to say so as long as this is a free world. Do the companies have to act on it? Not really, but it's pointless to try and discourage criticisms based on those strawmen grounds. They have the right to fail, we have the right to vent complains about it.

And rest assured, I'm not into Haruhi Suzumiya piracy, thank you very much.