View Single Post
Old 2007-09-30, 11:30   Link #966
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

This has been a fairly exhausting thread to read, what with the occasional flaring of tempers over the silliest of things. Strangely though, given this particular anime where villains gladly shoot first and ask questions later, maybe not so surprising.

Black Lagoon has been entertaining, in a quintessentially Tarantino, Pulp Fiction/Kill Bill kind of way. Over-the-top action, guns that never jam, ammo that never runs out, bespectacled combat maids, and little twins that wield machine guns that ought to have shattered their shoulders -- all fun to watch when I'm in the mood for B-grade blood-splattered violence.

I preferred Second Barrage over the first season. The first season was slightly boring for me actually, and nope, Roberta was way too over the top for me to take seriously, but I can understand her appeal. But the second season, I felt, offered a much better study on the nature of good and evil in a den of iniquity such as Roanapur, which made the whole series more enjoyable for me in the end. Evil monsters though they've become, I did actually feel sorry for the twins, and their eventual demise was what first made me sit up to pay attention to the rest of the story.

That, and the increased sexual tension between Rock and Revy in Second Barrage, was what made the show interesting overall.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote