View Single Post
Old 2010-09-17, 19:25   Link #132
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Who are you to say what makes a good fan or a bad fan? Seriously, just because we're not placing great in faith in what we've seen so far like you have doesn't make us any better or worse a fan than you.

Can you tell me what you think Ninja Theory has done well enough gamplay wise that they can make something like 1, 3, and 4? Or are you okay with DMC playing more like God of War? You may say I'm assuming too much here but there's more to support the assumption they'll go GOW with this based on their past games.
To be fair, 1`s gameplay doesn't hold a candle to 3 and 4's. Yeah it was goundbreaking but in direct comparison it pales. Anyway, I have trust in Ninja Theory to bring us a good dmc, no doubt. My only complain is Capcom's (?) totally incompetent decision.

I mean come on, Dante, arguably the coolest video game character in gaming, second only to the Duke himself maybe, being replaced by this?! What I want to say ist that not only moralwise or however you may want to call it, but also from a marketing perspective, this is a really bad decision. People love Dante, not only in Japan. I'm not sure if Capcom is aware of that, but you won't find any top ten coolest character list anywhere without Dante in it. It's like saying "I don't think Italians like spaghetti, let's give 'em Sushi instead"...

I mean did the dmc games sell bad, or why did they come to the conclusion of having to redesign their franchise's leading man? Even if they did, this definately is the wrong way of trying to improve the sales. People love Dante, both in the east and in the west, even many of those who've never really played a game of the series, and Capcom wanting to replace him, imo, is a clear sign of them not understanding their audience.